Monday, August 9, 2010

When life hands you lemons...

It's been a tough week. What with the car accident, the family down with bronchitis and the fraud.
Yesterday morning Walter logged onto the bank account to see if he'd been paid some money he's owed only to discover a significant sum missing from the account. The statement shows ATM cash withdrawals overseas.
Given that I'm generally an optimist (cue: Always look on the bright side of life) I made a list of the "it could have been worse" things

1. The accident could have caused injury or worse.
2. The other driver might not have been insured.
3. The bronchitis would be very bad without antibiotics
4. We may have been away for the weekend and not noticed the withdrawals until all the money was gone

I was also incredibly touched by the messages of support throughout the week from my Twitter friends, most of whom I've never met "in real life"
So I took myself and Scientist No 1 (coughing and spluttering, bronchitis and whiplash) off to the nursery, bought some plants and planted up a hanging basket that's been lying around empty for some time. We hung it up at the kitchen door so that we see it every day
It will look better once the pelargoniums sprawl over the sides

And while I was burying some rotten tomatoes that we hadn't got to eating I saw the lemon tree, bursting with lemons.

So it's margharitas all around then. Screw you life.

No comments:

Post a Comment