Thursday, August 12, 2010

The first rule of fat club...

So my grandmother has lost a whole lot of weight by going to the local Weight Watchers club and following all the rules quite religiously.
I was so impressed that I said I'd go with her. It was either a fit of madness or an alcoholic haze, and there was definitely delicious food present at the time. Either way, I'm carrying a few more kilos than is absolutely necessary to get through winter, especially since we don't live in a country that has no sun in winter.
She sent me directions by sms, ending off  "sms me if you get bewildered" - cheeky old bat.

Within 5 minutes she'd introduced me to everyone there (all women, one man snuck in late, weighed in, and scuttled out before anyone could talk to him) and we'd organised a pink drinks night for next week (half price cocktails before 6pm)
It's strictly research, you understand, we will selflessly evaluate the points of all cocktails so that bars can add that information on the menu - because we're thoughtful that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment