Friday, August 6, 2010

More car drama....

While I was giving my professional diagnosis to the GP on Wednesday the receptionist interrupted us to tell me that Scientist No 1 had been in an accident but was fine.I immediately whipped out my phone and called her. She had tried Walter (who was in the bath, so not answering) and me (my phone was on silent in my bag) and finally called the rooms.She was remarkably calm, telling me in answer to my questions:
1. No, I'm not hurt
2. No, nobody else is hurt
3. A van made a u-turn in front of me
4. I think the chassi's bent
5. No thanks, dad is on his way
I thought I did well not to hyperventilate (although if you must the doctor's rooms is undoubtedly the place to do it)
Poor little French car. Zut alors!
Being as precise as she is she even managed to get witness statements.
Walter rushed there and shouted at the other driver then felt sorry for him (well, he's a shrink, so he would) I decided I shouldn't go since I would have slapped the other driver silly for nearly damaging a child of mine.

Later on I told my grandmother what had happened, we sighed together and got on with our day.
That evening, as I was driving home, my grandmother called:
Me: Hello
Grandmother: I believe you crashed your car this morning
Me: No, that was scientist no 1
Grandmother: Who is this?
Me: Karen
Grandmother: Why do you have her phone?
Me: (Looking at my phone) I don't, you called me on mine

Grandmother: Silence
Sigh. This aging thing is a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment