Monday, June 28, 2010

What to panic about next?

Since we are temporarily unenkiddled, what with Scientist no 1 housesitting for Fearless Leader (7pm phonecall: Mom! there's a HUGE rainspider" Me: "Don't kill it, it may be a pet" Scientist no 1: "It's threatening the cat" Me: Is there a gun anywhere? Kill it") and Scientist no 2 having safely made his way to the Kruger Park (with the aid of at least 20 phone calls from each of us), I am in need of something else to panic about.
Notice how I'm clutching both children very tightly in case they wander off and get hurt.
 
Which is why, this morning, at 5.30am, I made Walter phone the vet on the emergency number. Ming-Li and Meeslet had clearly been poisoned. In my opinion they were going into kidney failure. No I am not a qualified vet, I don't even have a week of training. Worse, I was the one who had poisoned them. They had their de-worming medication last night and either the medication was from China or I had overdosed them. They were both staggering around as if they'd found Scientist No 2's secret stash of Vodka.
 Ming-Li at the back, Meeslet in the middle and Storm in the front. Prime real estate.

Fortunately the vet told us it's a common side-effect and they won't be needing kidney transplants. The neighbour's cat is safe for now.
Oh and Scientist no 1 called to say she'd confined the rain spider to a cake box. Best I warn Fearless Leader so that she's not surprised when she opens it.

No comments:

Post a Comment