Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I might have discovered heaven

This is the view from our verandah in daylight hours, but I'm sitting here in the pre-dawn dark wearing several layers of clothing (it's extremely cold) with my finglittens (fingerless gloves with mittens) waiting for the kettle to boil.




I'm also wearing a beanie under my hoodie, which is not ideal since I need to be listening for stalking predators




Yes, that's exactly what it looks like, lion spoor not three feet away from where I'm sitting, alongside the tent.
It's not a camping tent, you understand, more like a luxury safari tent on a concrete foundation with a proper bathroom en suite.

But as far as lions are concerned it's nothing more challenging than attractive packaging.



Location:Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park

3 comments:

  1. From the top photo of magnificent grass, I can confirm you have indeed discovered heaven :-) Enjoy the incomparably wonderful Kalahari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of pictures of grass I took with you in mind (including the previously unknown popcorn grass)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-). And look out for Schmidtia pappophoroides and the little critters that live around it. Have you seen any lovely African wild cats?

    ReplyDelete