Thursday, March 31, 2011

Notes from a fluffy

I made some notes while I was sitting on the plane yesterday

1. Why is the Angola Airlines 747 D2TEB still parked outside hangar 5 in the same place it was 8 days ago?
2. There's a mini swamp between the taxi way and runway 21R which houses 1 Sacred Ibis and 2 Hammerkops. (How do they sleep with all that noise? Do they request clearance for take-off?)
3. The mine dumps are gone. The little 737-400 climbed out over Bonaero Park and Soweto. No mine dumps. And Soweto is very neatly laid out.

I am partial to Boeings, the chap sitting next to me (a Zambian, would you believe) asked me if I was smiling so much because I was going on holiday. "No", I said, "it's this little jet, she waggles her bum then leaps into the sky"

We used to call them Fluffies (Funny Little Ugly Fellas)

Oh and this is my view as I write, there are some good things about business travel.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Main Rd,Cape Town,South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment