Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More travel

I took a photo of my parking spot when I parked at OR Tambo this morning. This is so that i can remember which part of the rabbit warren to head for when I get home. While I was taking the picture my grandmother sms'ed to ask if we were walking, despite the fact that I told her I'd be away this week. So I'm hoping I remembered to lock the car before starting the 7-hour cross-country trek to the departures terminal.
Of course I forgot my sunglasses, that'll happen when you get to the airport before sunrise. I do, however, have a brand new suitcase (hopefully burst-proof) which has shiny locks to deter the thieving bastards in baggage-handling.
I am also hoping I can remember the numbers for the combination when I finally check into the hotel in Cape Town tonight.
In-between is a day in Bloemfontein, I must say the Free State is looking the prettiest I have ever seen it, all rampant greenery, flowing rivers and fluffy clouds. And 29deg heat (no sunglasses)
A little meerkat stood solemn guard on the edge of the runway as we taxied in (Bombardier Dash 8) I almost expected him to salute as we went past.
I really must buy a camera for those moments when the phone has to be off, just a little mik-en-druk should do the trick.

Oh and my work password expired yesterday so I'm effectively locked out of my email for now. Quite liberating really.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:D F Malherbe Ave,Bloemfontein,South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment