Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Illuminati

There's a new subspecies of Resolutionite* this year, I give you The Illuminati.
Image credit 

I'm all for brightly-coloured gym clothes but some of them are so loud I'm considering wearing my sunglasses.

Fifteen days into the first month of Resolutionites there are a few contenders for the limited Regular positions:

Flounder - essentially a Midmarmite who has left his training too late. He worries me, I don't think he's ready for open water swimming of any description (note to the organisers, please keep a close eye on him)
Jeremiah (was a bullfrog) - a new client of Stripe, although he's far too eager to please her and is at risk of injury unless he slows down a little
The ADD Couple - they really need to focus. This "routine" they've dreamed up has them moving from cycling to weights to stretching every 30 seconds.

I'm pleased to announce that Cleo Lady Marmalade is now a regular (having been promoted from Hatchling status by returning in January) and I'm very impressed with her commitment. She still has regular training sessions with Flash!-Ahaa but turns up almost every day to go through a (far too) rigorous routine. Domestic Goddess is also hanging in there.

Neither of them wears neon clothing, so perhaps there's a message in that.

*Resolutionite - see the #gymlife glossary here 

No comments:

Post a Comment