Thursday, October 28, 2010

Summer storm

Walter and I went to Winex last night, lots of lovely wine to taste. If you're going I can thoroughly recommend a visit to the Port stand - the chap there really knows his stuff and he insisted we taste ALL the port (hic)
Also quite surprised to see Checkers has a stand where they sell Fairview cheese platters (R30, well worth it) and you get to taste their Odd Bins (try no 300 if you are partial to red wine)
I stocked up on beautiful olive oil from Tokara, love their little tasting bowls so you know which one you prefer.
After ordering a case of Diemersfontein chocolate wine (no I have no idea what it's called, I just know what I like) we wandered out onto the verandah and watched a storm approaching from the south.
Lovely. Johannesburg's summer storms have got to be the best in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment