Thursday, October 14, 2010

The problem with a vegetable garden....

Sam, the gardener with the extremely irritating voice (high-pitched and whiny) planted the rest of the vegetables yesterday. And by "the rest" I mean just a few of the seedlings that I've grown - it seems I put enough seeds into the little containers to feed an entire village
When I planted them into the seed trays I very carefully cut the labels off the seed packets, covered them in plastic (for obvious reasons) and poked them into the soil. This was so that I would know what I was growing in each little container.
 See the labels?

After many weekends of planning, levelling, filling in, fencing, path planning etc (and a near divorce caused by Walter's intentional misunderstanding of what a raised bed means) I finally bought the necessary bags of compost and potting soil on Tuesday morning so that Sam could plant out the seedlings on Wednesday
I gave him careful instructions before leaving for work yesterday and got home from work after sunset last night so this morning after gym I rushed out to see the results

And it really is starting to come together, I just need to find a place that sells bark chips for the paths.


Oh - and he threw away the labels so I have absolutely no idea which is Chinese cabbage and which is eggplant. Or which is celery and which is coriander.

Plus there are about 6 seedling trays still to be planted - so we're planning extensions. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment