Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fringe benefits

Scientist #1 has gone blonde - really really blonde. She is my new secret weapon in my attempts to get my work laptop up and running at the new offices.
Our previous IT support people didn't move with us, so all those carefully cultivated relationships are no longer necessary and I have to start from scratch.
Yesterday she gave me a lift to work (Scientist #2 required my car to get to class and the new car isn't here yet) and I showed her around the new place.
The new IT person was standing outside the office and actually tripped over his own feet when he saw her; I grabbed the opportunity with both hands and introduced her as my daughter.
Scientist #1 as a blonde.

So now I have a laptop that works, instant response from IT any time I need it and access to all the folders I want. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment