Sunday, July 1, 2012

The masterpiece

Contrary to my family's belief I am not a chef, but I do find recreational cooking quite relaxing. Having watched practically every cooking programme aired (from Cooking with Wooty as a child to the Masterchef series) I like to think of myself as an enthusiastic cook.
But I really can't bake. The combination of a lying oven (temperature-wise) and a somewhat lackadaisical approach to details (looks like about 250g) dooms any baking efforts before I start.
Except for the glorious baked cheesecake.I Googled a recipe while shopping a few weeks back and bought all the ingredients while I was in the store.
Once home, however, I decided the pastry was far too difficult to attempt and fell back on my old favourite of crushed Tennis biscuits mixed with butter for the base. Worked a charm.
It doesn't look anything like the picture with the recipe, but it tasted wonderful and seems idiot-proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment