Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Talking about fatclub....

The first week went well but I'm afraid the wheels came off after that. It's not entirely my fault, of course, late meetings where snacks are provided are designed to test a saint's resolve (and I'm definitely no saint)
But I thought I had it under control...
The weekend-before-last we went down to the midlands, to a friend's farm (www.farsidefarm.co.za) for a mini-break. The boys played golf, I caught up with my girlfriends and it was going to be a low-calorie weekend.
Hah!
I forgot these girls go big in the entertainment department. First off was the "What dessert should we have?" discussion


Followed by the "you do the salads" hand off (quite neatly done, I thought - they know I don't do dessert)
Followed by a delicious lunch at the Coach House with two bottles of champagne for the 4 of us. Chicken, bacon and leek pie for me, salads for the others...
 But of course it didn't end there. There was a "braai" - not the kind of braai you and I have, you understand, I mean the table setting alone....
 See what I mean? For a braai?

And of course there was red wine. And a superb dessert involving meringue, cream, strawberries and a few other calorie-free ingredients.

And so I'm dreading fat club tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment